** If you are planning to attend service, please read through our guidelines (located after the bulletin) before attending. Thank you.
First United Church -October 18, 2020
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship:
L: God loves us no matter what!
P: We choose to remember. God gives us our daily bread.
L: Even when we are grumpy, the Lord looks after us.
P: God know the desires of our heart and blesses us abundantly.
Prayer of Thanksgiving for God’s Presence
Solo: Violet Halford
Psalm 8 (words and music by John Erikson)
Message: Faces and Family
(with readings from Exodus 33: 12-23, Psalm 99, Matt. 22: 15-22)
Hymn: Would You Bless Our Homes and Families VU 556
Pastoral Prayer/Lord’s Prayer
Hymn: My Life Flows On VU 716
Organ Postlude: How Firm a Foundation VU660
Please leave your offering on the back table
Third Quarter Statements: Statements are available at the back of the church.
United Church Outreach Luncheon: Wed, Nov 4th at 11:30 AM - Humber United Church, 88 Clarence Street. Take-out only. Registration is required; please call 634-5280 to register or volunteer.
Redevelopment Fund: In memory of David Pardy by Kitty and Edgar Stratton.
Local Fund: In memory of David Pardy by Keith Mercer
Local Fund: In memory of David Martin by Nancy Luscombe.
Local Fund: In memory of David Martin by Paul and Maureen Wells
Update August 24th 2020
New mask regulations:
Physical distancing protocols are still in place as with the earlier directives, with the following updates from Public Health:
1. Everyone (unless exempt) must wear a mask to worship (including clergy and leaders).
2. Once seated, you may remove your mask.
3. Once your mask is removed, please remain in the same location in the church.
4. If you need to move (go to washroom etc.) please put your masks back on.
5. Once the service is over, put your mask back on to exit the service.
Reopening Sunday Worship
First and Foremost: If you have any of the following symptoms: fever above 38 C, a new or worsening cough, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, muscle pain, diarrhea, or a loss of sense of taste or smell – please stay home and call your doctor, or # 811.
1) We are now allowed up to 100 people, but still have to be social distanced, please arrive by 10:40 am to allow us time to seat everyone.
2) Please consider bringing your own mask. Some masks will be available but bring your own if you’re able. You may remove your mask after you are seated, but need to put it back on any time you move from your seat.
3) The church building will open using only the main (West Street) doors. The other doors will still comply with fire code as emergency exits, but everyone is encouraged to use one door.)
4) Please maintain social distancing as you line up to enter. (6+ feet, or 2 metres)
5) Please do not gather downstairs prior to the service, or after the service.
6) Bulletins are on the table just inside the sanctuary.
7) On your way to a pew please try to touch as few surfaces as possible. This
includes doorposts, walls, pew backs, etc.
8) Please do not enter pews that are taped off. Open pews are clearly indicated, and are at least 6+ feet, or 2 metres apart.
9) Current regulations mean that congregational singing is not allowed. For now we’ll play a few verses and invite you to follow along in your head.
10) At the end of the service the minister will not go to the door to shake
hands. Please do not shake anyone else’s hand either.
11) Please leave your offering in the jar on the table in the foyer.
12) The washroom in the lounge is available. Downstairs washrooms are open in an emergency but we’re trying to limit folks from traversing the building.
Thank you for coming!
We hope you felt blessed by gathering together
Please remember that First United strives to be a scent free facility.
Church business (general inquiries, committee info,
bulletin announcements, etc.) should be directed to the Office Administrator.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
9 am – 12 pm. Closed Mondays
We are able to receive bulletin announcements until noon on Thursdays.
Rev. van Vliet is usually in the church offices
Monday through Thursday afternoons.
He tries to take Fridays off.
If you have a pastoral need call 634-5301 or
feel free to email, or drop in to the office.