Update June 25th 2020
Great news! We will be having a service on Sunday June 28th at 11 AM. The bulletin information is available below our guidelines for reopening. Please read these carefully before coming to church on Sunday.
Reopening Sunday Worship
First and Foremost: If you have any of the following symptoms: fever above 38 C, a new or worsening cough, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, muscle pain, diarrhea, or a loss of sense of taste or smell – please stay home and call your doctor, or # 811.
1) As we are allowed only 50 people, please arrive by 10:40 am.
2) Please consider bringing your own mask. Some masks will be available but bring your own if you’re able.
3) The church building will open using only the main (West Street) doors. The other doors will still comply with fire code as emergency exits, but everyone is encouraged to use one door.)
4) Please maintain social distancing as you line up to enter. (6+ feet, or 2 metres)
5) Please do not gather downstairs prior to the service, or after the service.
6) Bulletins are on the table just inside the sanctuary.
7) On your way to a pew please try to touch as few surfaces as possible. This
includes doorposts, walls, pew backs, etc.
8) Please do not enter pews that are taped off. Open pews are clearly indicated, and are at least 6+ feet, or 2 metres apart.
9) Current regulations mean that congregational singing is not allowed. For now we’ll play a few verses and invite you to follow along in your head.
10) At the end of the service the minister will not go to the door to shake
hands. Please do not shake anyone else’s hand either.
11) Please leave your offering in the jar on the table in the foyer.
12) The washroom in the lounge is available. Downstairs washrooms are open in an emergency but we’re trying to limit folks from traversing the building.
Thank you for coming!
We hope you felt blessed by gathering together
Bulletin for Sunday June 28, 2020
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship: (adapted from Psalms 122 & 84)
L: I rejoiced with those who said to me,
‘Let’s go to the Lord’s house!’
P: I long for the Lord’s courtyards.
My heart rejoices in the presence of God!
L: Better is a single day in your courtyards
than a thousand days anywhere else!
P: I would rather stand outside the entrance
of my God’s house
than to live in comfort elsewhere!
L: Those who trust in God are truly content.
Hymn: Morning Has Broken VU 409
Prayer of Thanksgiving for God’s Presence
Reading: Hebrews 10:19-25 (p.1464)
Hymn: We Praise You, O God VU 218
Organ Postlude: Joyful, Joyful We Adore You VU 232
Please leave your offering in the plates
at the back of the sanctuary
Welcome Back to Church!
**Please take a few moments to read over the Reopening Guidelines insert that has been provided.
Please note that Office hours will be changed for the summer. From July 13th – August 31st our summer office hours will be as follows:
Tuesday – Friday 9:00am – 1:00pm
We are able to receive bulletin announcements until Thursday at noon.
Cathy will be out of the office for the week of July 6th.
Men’s Club still has some frozen rabbits available for sale. They are $4 each, cleaned and individually wrapped. Contact Clayton @ 634-6259 if interested.
Please remember that First United strives to be a scent free facility.
Church business (general inquiries, committee info,
bulletin announcements, etc.) should be directed to the Office Administrator.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
9 am – 12 pm. Closed Mondays
We are able to receive bulletin announcements until noon on Thursdays.
Rev. van Vliet is usually in the church offices
Monday through Thursday afternoons.
He tries to take Fridays off.
If you have a pastoral need call 634-5301 or
feel free to email, or drop in to the office.